For the past two years, I gave my husband 12 Months of Dates as a Christmas gift. I love planning dates for my husband and I, but sometimes the winter months can be harder to plan. The weather isn’t always cooperative, and to be honest, I’m not a fan of the cold.
If you’re looking for ways to date your spouse this winter, I’ve got 15 Winter Date Ideas for you. And be sure to download your free 12 Months of Dates Planning Pages. It’s the perfect gift for every occasion.
Not all dates have to be elaborate or expensive, so I’ve compiled a list of 15 Winter Date Ideas that you can choose from depending on your budget and your particular situation. Happy dating!
15 WINTER DATE IDEAS
- Ice Skating: Test your gracefulness and strap on a pair of ice skates to enjoy a fun night on the ice with your main squeeze. Look for a cute outdoor ice skating rink in your town, then enjoy a yummy dinner after you’ve skated up an appetite!
- Visit a Museum: If you’re like me and would rather not be outside in the cold, winter is the perfect time to visit a local museum. Think about your partner’s interests and choose a museum that speaks to them, whether it’s history, art, science, or something for fun, like a museum of oddities.
- Have an Ice Cream Date: Yes, it’s cold outside, but ice cream is yummy no matter the weather! Head to the grocery store and pick up your favorite flavors and toppings, then make a sundae for each other…and share!
- Go to a Hockey Game: My husband and I are huge Detroit Red Wings fans, but we just love hockey. When we can’t get to Detroit for a game, we try to attend a local semi-pro hockey game. Enjoy the excitement and competition on the ice!
- Build a Snowman: Do you live in a snowy climate? When the weather is a bit more cooperative, head outside to build a snowman together. Or, for added fun, make it a competition and get your kids or neighbors to judge. Loser cooks dinner!
- Go Skiing or Sledding: Another fun outdoor winter activity to do as a couple is to go skiing or sledding. Hit the slopes for a fun date night that doubles as exercise.
- Enjoy a Cabin Weekend: Sometimes it’s nice to get away. My hubby and I love escaping to the mountains, staying in a cozy cabin, and enjoying the peace and quiet for a weekend. A cozy cabin weekend gives you the opportunity to enjoy nature and each other free from distractions. Go on a photo walk, build a fire, and spend lots of time snuggling under blankets.
- Have a PJ Day: Sleep in late and stay in your PJs all day! Look up fun breakfast recipes on Pinterest and make different versions of breakfast for each meal…and of course, eat breakfast in bed!
- Read a Book Together: Now here’s a novel idea! (See what I did there?) Pick a classic, or one you’ve never heard of, then take turns reading chapters out loud. Or, for fun, you can each become a character and act out their lines!
- Plan a Dream Vacation: When you’re tired of the weather at home, you daydream about where you’d rather be. So do that together! Go online and build a “dream vacation” Pinterest board, or go offline and pick up several travel magazines and books about a place you’d like to visit. Then plan your trip! What activities will you do while you’re there? How long will you stay? What will you eat?
- Have a Chili Cook-Off: Everybody knows chili is one of the best ways to warm up! Crank up your favorite tunes, and spend some time in the kitchen together, each making your own version of chili. My favorite recipe is Sweet & Spicy Guinness Chili with Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins! YUM!
- Make a S’mores Bar for Two: Build a fire, either outdoors in a fire pit or in your home fireplace, and create a delicious, snackable s’mores bar for two! Grab your graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows, but try other tasty options, like peanuts, sprinkles, or even chocolate chip cookies!
- Binge Watch a TV Series: You know all those shows people are talking about – The Walking Dead, Stranger Things (my personal favorite!), Game of Thrones – pick your favorite, pop some popcorn, climb in bed, and binge watch a couple seasons, or the whole show, together!
- Have a Spa Day: Guys like it, too, they just won’t admit it. Either schedule a couples massage, or create the spa experience at home by giving each other a massage, giving each other a facial, and perhaps even soaking in a hot bubble bath or hot tub.
- Tackle a Small Room Makeover: Are you a fan of Fixer Upper? Pick a space in your home that needs a little TLC and tackle it together over a weekend. Take turns making design choices, then host your own “big reveal” to your kids or friends!
What are your favorite winter date ideas?
Looking for more 12 Months of Dates inspiration? Check out these posts:
Add your name & email address to get your FREE 12 Months of Dates template & date ideas!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017