Hello everyone! I’m Olivia (or Libby) for short and I’m over the moon to be one of the new contributors joining the Sweet Tea and Saving Grace community! For the next few months, I’ll be stopping by to share some of our family’s beloved easy weeknight recipes with you. Most of them will have easy ingredients and simple steps to combat the dinner rush hour, so you can spend more time with your loved ones and less time in the kitchen!
I’ll be sharing a slow cooker recipe with you today that’s coming straight from the archives of our favorites collection. It’s a meal that takes only 10 minutes to prepare and 5 hours to cook.
This Easy Rosemary Chicken contains only five ingredients (salt and pepper not included), three of which are responsible for giving it it’s robust flavor. Can you guess which three they may be?
3 Ingredients You Need to Make Easy Rosemary Chicken
Besides salt and pepper, these are the 3 main ingredients you will need to make this delectable meal:
- A few slices of lemon
- A few sprigs of Rosemary
- A teaspoon or so of minced garlic
I also like to rub the chicken down with extra virgin olive oil before it’s placed in the slow cooker. The combination of all of these ingredients work together to give this chicken a natural, robust flavor. It’s a friendship in the food world that seems meant to be.
Who would have guessed combining these ingredients would result in one savory and mouth watering meal? Certainly not I!
This recipe is wonderful for the days when you’re so busy that you can’t remember where you placed your car keys or your wallet. The effort taken to produce it is minimal AND who can complain when you have a slow cooker doing all the work? It’s what we dream about as busy parents, right? Someone to take over making dinner for us? 🙂
- One 4 to 5 pound whole chicken
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 60 grinds of black peppercorn
- 1 and ½ tsp. of minced garlic
- 2 (3 inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 and ½ tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 slices of lemon
- Remove the neck and internal giblets from the chicken and trim any fat. Wash the chicken carefully, pat dry, and place it inside the slow cooker insert.
- Combine the Kosher salt and black peppercorn in a small bowl.
- Thoroughly rub the olive oil onto the surface of the whole kitchen (including the bottom), followed by rubbing the salt and pepper mixture as well.
- Place the minced garlic, rosemary sprigs, and the lemon slices inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook on low for 5 and ½ to 6 hours or until chicken is tender and reads at 165 degrees.
For more simple and easy weeknight meal ideas, stop by my site and take a look around! I’d love to have you!
From my family kitchen to yours, have a safe and happy January!