March 17th Blog Challenge: Why and when did you start blogging?
- For the community: I have “met” some of the most amazingly talented and truly sweet individuals because of my blog. I have shared personal stories with my readers who, in turn, leave the most encouraging comments or, better yet, send the sweetest emails. I have encouraged others who are going through similar situations. And I have made some incredibly cool new friends along the way.
- For the friendships: Along those same lines, the friendships I’ve made are so special to me. Bethany is one of my best bloggy friends and I love her dearly. Our blogs brought us together, and we share personal stories with one another, pray for one another, and encourage one another. Tiffany, the host of this blog challenge, has become a friend to me. We didn’t know each other a month ago, but now we are sending regular emails back and forth and hoping to one day meet in person. We have so much in common, and we never would have met had it not been for our two blogs. There are several others as well who touch my heart and inspire me regularly.
- For the accountability: Let’s be honest. I probably wouldn’t have all the cool handmade crafty pieces around my house if it weren’t for my blog. Knowing I have an audience pushes me to not only create in the first place, but to do so to the absolute best of my ability, and to publish in a timely manner. I love crafting, but probably wouldn’t allow myself as much time to craft if it weren’t for my blog.
- For the voice: It’s nice to be heard (er, read). Primarily, I use my blog as a platform to share my crafts, home decor, and organizational ideas. However, I have recently begun sharing more openly and frequently about my personal life, and I get amazing feedback. I firmly believe that God allows us to walk through valleys to teach us something we can later use as a testament of our faith to be shared with others, and that’s what I try to do here. Whether it’s learning to cope when life seems overwhelming, or trying to accept the fact that my “baby” isn’t a baby anymore, or dealing with the everyday struggles of being a wife/mom/employee/daughter/friend/blogger/taxi/chef/entrepreneur/maid, I share it here and on my other social media sites. I love that I’m able to lend my wit and sarcasm to the masses!
So now you know…and in the famous words of G.I. Joe, “Knowing is half the battle!”
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017