I’m a huge fan of keeping things in their place, and I work hard to develop systems that work for our family. Let me show:
- Family Home Binder: A one-stop shop for family papers you use frequently. Keep school documents and calendars, sports schedules, coupons, take-out menus, warranties, insurance papers, etc. in one place. This can be used by the entire family every day!
- Mini Personal Binder: A smaller version of the Family Home Binder, the Mini Personal Binder is just for mom. Keep a calendar on hand and keep up with notes, grocery lists, and anything else you need on the go. (Free weekly planning pages, too!)
- New Home Binder: Moving soon? Keep all the paperwork for your move in one place so nothing important gets packed in a box. I’ve also created some free printables to help you prepare for your move, like a countdown and to-do list and a contact sheet.
- Recipe Cards: Keep your most-loved recipes close at hand – in a magnetic box on the fridge! Using a combination of scrapbook paper, Avery labels, and a laminating machine, I made recipe cards that we refer back to time and time again. I can even use them to make a weekly meal plan using magnets on the refrigerator.
My family and I just moved into our new house a year ago, and I love sharing our home decor and organizing projects along the way. Here is what we’ve tackled so far:
- Family Command Center: That empty space that greeted us as we came home each evening has been transformed into an organized space to house our keys, Family Binder, weekly meal plan, chore chart, etc.
- Coat Closet Transformation: Our coat closet was a standard bar and shelf dump zone. With a little sweat equity, we turned it into a functional space that now houses everything from games to cleaning supplies to pet supplies.
- Tween Bathroom Remodel: My daughter Marley is 11 years old and needed a cool bathroom that also gave her plenty of storage, since her bathroom is a tad small. Be sure to see how we used duct tape and washi tape to add some flair!
- Small Kitchen Organization: We have a tiny kitchen so I have to find clever ways to store plastic food containers, organize our pantry, and keep our countertops clutter-free.
- Craft Room: I very recently revamped my craft room/office and it is fabulous, if I do say so myself! I’ll show you how I store all of my various craft supplies on a budget and make separate spaces for crafting and work.
When I find useful information, I share it. If I’ve learned anything in my day-to-day routine of wife, mom, friend, woman, etc, I share it. Stuff like this:
- Simplify Your Life With Google Drive: A 3-part series with tips on utilizing Google Drive to keep up with family contacts, maintain cash flow and budget, and, for bloggers, tracking blog information.
- How to Simplify Meal Planning: A multi-part series that shows you how to plan meals, including lunches and dinners. I also show you how I put together a pantry lunch station to streamline school lunch prep, and I share an 8-week meal plan (with grocery list!)
- Internet & Smartphone Safety Tips: For techies of any age, I put together a list of helpful resources to keep in mind when surfing the internet and using your smartphone. Learn ways to safeguard your kids in the internet age.
- 15 Family Favorite Recipes: I asked several of my blog friends to share their family’s favorite recipes, those go-to classics you never get tired of eating. I shared a few of my own, too!
- 8 Tips for a Successful Family Photo Shoot: I’ve been on both sides of the camera, so I share tips to help you make the most out of the investment of professional family photos, as well as a few things to remember when hiring a pro, dressing your family, and planning the shoot.
I have a lot of things going on here on the blog that I hope you’ll enjoy!
- Summer Fun Camp 2013: We have two weeks of FREE online summer craft camp for kids coming in July! We wrapped up the first two weeks in June and had a blast!
- A Girl’s Guide to Self-Confidence: A blog series straight from my heart to yours. I put this series together as a tool to help my own daughter deal with middle school, and would love to have you join in on the journey.
- Karing Card Club: A monthly card exchange with a different theme each month.
- Sunday Spotlight: A brand new series that kicks off next Sunday. A different blogger will be spotlighted each week in hopes to introduce you to some new bloggers and build a community.
- 10 Things Tuesday: A weekly list of 10 awesome things. Topics vary by week.
- Shine on Friday: A weekly link party for other bloggers to showcase their fabulousness, and for non-bloggers to gather inspiration.
So there you go! A nice little tour of One Tough Mother. I hope you’ll find some stuff you enjoy, things that inspire, and reasons to stick around. It’s a lot of fun here, and I love getting to know all of you.
Now it’s your turn:
– Introduce yourself! What brought you to One Tough Mother?
– Anything you’d like to see in the future?
Be sure to connect with me here, too:
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017