I first tasted Cheater Chicken Cordon Bleu as a High Schooler at a friend’s house. It was a favorite then and it still is!
It’s super easy to prepare, and not only is it a nice meal for your family, it can be used as a special dinner for guests, too.
Here’s how to make it:
Step 1: Wrap 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a thin slice of deli ham and place in a baking dish lined with bacon bits. (Or fresh bacon can be cooked and crumbled if preferred.)
Step 2: Stir together 1 cup sour cream and 1 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.
Step 3. Spread sauce over the chicken.
Step 4: Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours. (Or, if you are like me and forget to put it in the oven early enough, bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.) Once the chicken is cooked through, remove foil and place one slice of cheese on each piece of chicken and put back into the oven until melted.
Serve directly out of the baking dish, using the sauce as a great addition to pour over potatoes.
Serve with roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, and spinach salad for a perfect, filling, comfort food meal.
PS. If you’re looking for some more comfort food meals for cold, wintery days, here are 2 more of our favorites:
- bacon bits (or 12 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled)
- 6 slices deli ham
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken (or cream of mushroom) soup
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Sprinkle bacon bits in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Wrap ham around each piece of chicken and lay on top of bacon bits.
- Mix sour cream and soup together.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake 3 hours at 300 degrees, covered with foil.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove foil and add a slice of cheese to each piece of chicken.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!