Chili lime chicken sheet pan fajitas, loaded with marinated chicken, peppers and onions, this is sure to be a family favorite!
I am always trying to find quick and delicious dinners to make during the week for our busy family. Lately, I have been obsessed with sheet pan dinners. Throw some yummy ingredients on a cookie sheet, put in the oven and then voila, dinner is served.
These chili lime chicken fajitas have become one of our favorite sheet pan meals. My kids love anything they can roll up in a tortilla. 🙂 The chicken is marinated or tossed in spices and lime juice and then placed on a pan with peppers and onions.
In a small bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Let chicken marinade for up to 8 hours or you can put chicken in marinade and then directly on prepared baking sheet (affiliate link)
Place cut up peppers and onions around the chicken and drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put baking sheet in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes and then fajita mixture is ready to be served.
We love serving these chili lime chicken fajitas in warm flour tortillas with guacamole, sour cream and salsa. A great side dish to this meal is my One Pot Spanish Rice. If you would like another quick chicken fajita marinade, be sure to check out this Margarita Chicken.
- Juice of ½ a lime
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - 1.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in ½ inch thick strips
- 1 of each red, yellow and green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for onions and peppers
- Optional: cilantro, sour cream, tortillas, salsa, cheese, guacamole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the marinade: In a small bowl mix together first 9 ingredients. At this point you can place chicken and marinade in a large Zip-Loc bag to marinade for up to 8 hours or you can toss chicken in marinade and place on baking sheet.
- Spread out the onions and peppers on the baking sheet around the chicken. Drizzle onions and peppers with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze more lime juice over fajita mixture.
- Serve with warm tortillas and toppings.