One of my personal goals for this year was to send more hand-written letters to people I love. I get happy when I receive snail mail from a friend, especially when it’s unexpected. It just brightens my day. Today, I want to show you how to make some cute Custom Stationary, plus share a few ideas for your own letter writing.
I’ve acquired a small collection of rubber stamps that I’ve never used because I never got around to buying an acrylic stamp block.
Well, last weekend, one of my sweet readers, Katie, sent me a surprise little package in the mail – happy snail mail – and in that package, she included a set of acrylic stamp blocks in all sizes! Her husband makes them and she just thought I’d like them, and I do! (Thank you Katie!!)
I decided to make some custom stationary that I can use to send letters to my friends, so I just started playing around with my stamps.
Once I got a couple designs I liked, I grabbed my 4×5 white cardstock and made a few pieces of stationary with my stamps.
Then I made envelopes with colorful insides using scrapbook paper.
To make your own envelope, grab a piece of 12×12 scrapbook paper and lay the piece of cardstock in the center. Crease the scrapbook paper above and below the cardstock.
Cut the width to about an inch wider than the pice of cardstock, then crease 1/2″ on each side and glue them down with a glue stick.
Cut the triangle top, then fold along the long crease and glue down with a glue stick along the edges. And you’ve got yourself an envelope with a super cute interior.
I even added a little “Happy Mail” stamp to the back of the envelope. 🙂
Now that you have your stationary and envelope ready to go, you need to write a letter!
You may feel like you don’t have anyone to write a letter to, but I know we all do. I’ve got some ideas to get you started.
*Write to your parent
– Reminisce about a funny moment from your childhood
– Let them know how their influence has shaped you into the person you are today.
– Say thank you for all they did for you, and still do
– Update them on your life – a longer update than they can see on Facebook
*Write to your best friend
– Tell them why you love them so much
– Start a funny card battle
(My mom did this for me in college. She sent a funny card, then I tried to find one even funnier to send to her. I now have a big box of cards from my freshman year alone.)
*Write to your coworker
– A short little pick-me-up
– A thank you for help on a big work project
*Write to your pastor
– Tell them how a special sermon touched you
– Send them your favorite encouraging scripture
*Write to your kids
– Tell them how amazing they are
– Give them advice from your own life lessons
– Create & share their birth story: This would be a beautiful gift to send your child who just brought home their own first child.
*Write to your spouse
– Tell them how you felt the moment you knew they were “the one”
– Remind them of all the reasons you love them
– Reminisce about your younger days, pre-marriage and pre-kids
I’d love to know who you’re writing to! Share your ideas in the comments!
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!