Happy November! I hope everyone had a super fun and safe Halloween! We had some nasty weather come through that kept a lot of the trick-or-treaters at home, but we still had fun! Today’s Fashion Friday post is fun, too – it’s all about mixing prints!
Mixing prints is a popular fashion trend right now, but just like any trend, there’s a right way and a wrong way to do it. Here’s my take on it:
- Pink cardigan with black and white floral print on sleeves and front
- Sleeveless sheer white collared blouse with black heart design
Here are a few tips to pull off the mixed print trend yourself:
- Combine stripes and florals. Treat the stripes as a neutral and add coordinating floral prints.
- Two animal prints. Pair a small animal print with a large animal print in the same color family.
- Complimentary colors. As I’ve done here with the black and white in both the sheer blouse and cardigan, choose a color combination that works in both patterns.
- Polka dots and florals. Just like stripes, treat polka dots as a neutral and pick a fun floral to pair with it.
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017