Hi, Sweet Tea-ers! I’m so thrilled to be here today joining in at this great Sweet Tea Community. I’m Rita Joy and I’ll be stopping in over the next few months to share some easy weeknight recipes for you. The truth is, I don’t just love to spend hours & hours in the kitchen, but after 26 years of cooking for my family, I’ve certainly had lots of practice! My favorite recipes are those that are flavourful and can be adapted to fit our busy schedules.
Fiesta Taco Soup is a winner! It can be assembled in short order and eaten right away, or simmered slowly all day in the crock-pot ~ or even frozen to have at a later date.
Here’s how to make it:
Step 1: Brown 1 pound hamburger with a large diced onion and drain off the fat.
Step 2: Add in 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce, 2 cans kidney beans (with juice), 1 can corn (with juice), and a package of your favorite taco seasoning. (I used some taco seasoning I had on hand, but any package will do).
Step 3: Bring the soup to a simmer, cover, and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
To serve, bring out all your favorite taco toppings and create a little party in your bowl!
Layer crushed taco chips in the bottom with shredded cheese,
ladle on hot soup, and top with more cheese & fresh tomatoes.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1- 32 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2- 15 oz. cans kidney beans
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- Brown hamburger with diced onion until hamburger is browned. Drain off excess fat. Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer 20-30 minutes. When ready to sercie, place tortilla chips in soup bowls. Top with grated cheese, hot soup, diced tomatoes, and whatever your other favorite taco toppings are.
If you’d like to see more quick and easy weeknight meal ideas, you might want to check out the 20 Days of Delicious Dinners series I did on my blog last month. It even features favorite recipes from some of our fellow Sweet Tea-ers!
PS. I’d love it if you’d stop in to my blog and introduce yourself. We just moved into our very first home (of our own), so we’re busy getting settled in. But, there’s always time for a little cup of tea (or coffee) with a new friend. I’d love to meet you and show you around!
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017