Welcome back to 12 Days of Sweet Tea Christmas! I’m really enjoying putting these videos together, and I hope you’re enjoying watching them! Today I’m excited to introduce you to the most amazing woman I’ve ever known…my mama! She & I are showing you how to make my favorite Christmas treat – Holiday Date Balls!
I spent some time with my mama at her house this weekend. We made my favorite treat, these delicious sugary Holiday Date Balls, and shared some fun Christmas memories.
Come on over to mama’s house and chat with us today! (Video not working? Click HERE to watch it on YouTube.)
Don’t they look good?! (And isn’t my mama just the cutest?!) Grab the recipe below. Merry Christmas y’all!
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 8oz package chopped dates
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- confectioner's sugar to cover
- In saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar and dates. Simmer on low for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- When brown sugar is melted, pour over Rice Krispies in large bowl. Fold together.
- Add coconut and chopped nuts and mix together.
- Roll into balls, drop in confectioner's sugar until well-covered, then eat!
- Makes about 2 dozen ping-pong sized balls.
Want more Christmas goodness? Click the images below!
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!