A couple months ago, I stumbled across Women Living Well, and I was immediately hooked. This woman, Courtney, is incredible. I was drawn to how easily she shares her faith, and the diversity in her blog posts. Trust me, she’s not shoving the Good Word down your throat – promise. She’s just genuine, sweet, joyful, and faithful.
I subscribed, and recently received an email explaining her 3rd Annual Making Your Home A Haven Challenge.
A haven….doesn’t that sound so peaceful??
When you imagine your home in your mind, does the word “haven” pop up? Honestly, it doesn’t always for me. When I imagine my home right now, the words that come to mind are:
- Unkempt: When I walked out the door this morning, the bed was unmade, laundry needed to be washed, and my hardwood floors were covered in little doggy footprints.
- Past-due: My Halloween decor is still up…kind of. I’ve taken some things down, but haven’t put anything away. I have my Fall decor on stand-by.
- Empty: My fridge and cupboard are bare. I’m in desperate need of a good grocery store visit.
- My unmade bed means it was slept in, by me and my hubby. My dirty laundry means people live their lives in that house…in those clothes. The paw prints on the floor mean I have two cold noses who greet me excitedly each and every day when I come home.
- Halloween and Fall decor means I decorate my home. I create a space that’s festive for my family, because I love them.
- My fridge and cupboards are bare because we cook meals and eat together as a family. We are blessed to be able to have food on the table each night, and dirty dishes to follow.
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017