Can you believe we are already two full months into 2013? Time flies when you’re having fun, right? It’s time to check in on my 2013 goal of living my life. How are you doing with your goals for the year? Staying on track?
I don’t feel like February was as productive as January in terms of working toward my goal for the year. Maybe because it was a short month? Yea, we’ll go with that. Good excuse!
- I’m learning to let go of certain tasks that really have no bearing on my day-to-day life, like my daughter’s messy room. Rather than stressing over her room being as clean as I expect it to be, or whether she is doing her chores, I decided to make a system for her to follow, then walk away. You can check out this system, and see how it’s working for us, HERE.
- I finally sat down & created an 8-week meal plan and shopping list (WOO HOO!!!) so I don’t have to get home at 6:15 every night and wonder what I can fix for dinner. I even shared it with my Facebook fans!
- I did a little behind-the-scenes work for the blog, too, to make life a bit simpler. I moved my domain to GoDaddy and learned how to redirect it to my blog, created a custom email address (see below), and created a new Google + page specifically for One Tough Mother! (Won’t you be so kind as to follow me there? I’ll gladly follow you back!)
- Aaaannnnddd….still on the bloggy front, I combined my two monthly linky parties into one weekly linky party! Now I host the Monday Motherload to allow my lovely crafty readers a home to showcase their talents!
- A certain someone in our house turned 11 this month and we spent a lot of time celebrating. I also spent time reminiscing of days gone by, and realized how much I really didn’t know about being a mom.
- The hubs and I spent a Saturday in Dahlonega, Georgia, tasting wine, visiting the shops, and spending some much-needed quality time together.
- My daughter and I spent an evening with two very dear friends. We shared a meal, then took the girls roller skating. I can’t begin to express how near and dear this mom is to me – she is a friend, but so much more than that. Her faith is so strong and her family has been through a lot, yet her joy is contagious and it does my heart good to spend time with her. It was wonderful to watch our girls create a bond as well.
- There was a lot of crafting going on this month, for Valentine’s Day, of course, and for my daughter’s birthday party! (I’ll be sharing that next week.)
So that was my February? How was yours?
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017