Happy Spring everyone! I hope you had a nice Easter. Mine was spent baking probably more than I should have. One of the goodies I made was these Loaded Reeses Cookie Bars.
I have a confession to make… I love Reeses peanut butter cups! They are definitely a weakness. The chocolate and peanut butter combo is pretty much my jam. LOL Must be the salty, sweet thing. 😉
My mom hosted us all for Easter and asked me what I was making. I’d originally thought that I would make a carrot cake, because I’ve had a taste for it and it’s my brother-in-law’s favorite. That didn’t quite happen. First I made an old recipe that I came across stuck in one of my cookbooks a few weeks ago for my late grandmother’s chocolate cake (which I will be posting on my blog very soon), I made these bars, and I made a double recipe for Andrut (you can find that recipe here, it’s a delicious Polish chocolate wafer dessert with almonds). Oh good gravy! I almost forgot… my almost 11 year old made (with my help) a no-bake strawberry cheesecake trifle. #totalcraziness
Of course there was too much. I dare say that we are guilty of that at pretty much every holiday. LOL So if any of you ever find yourself without somewhere to go for a holiday, you’re welcome to join us!
If you like blondies and you’re a fan of anything Reeses then these bars are for you.
I’d love to see you all visit me at The Red Eye Baker. So farewell for now and happy baking friends!
xox Roxana- The Red Eye Baker
- 1 c (2 sticks butter), room temperature
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- ¾ c brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 2 c (12 oz bag) milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Reeses Pieces
- 8 (full size) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, then add the vanilla until well incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and instant coffee. Add to the butter mixture on low speed until just incorporated.
- Add ½ c of milk chocolate chips, ½ c of Reeses Pieces (I gave them a rough chop because the Easter colored ones were larger than the regular ones), half of the chopped peanut buter cups and fold in. The dough will be stiff.
- Spread the dough in the prepared pan pressing it into all the edges making sure it's even. Then sprinkle the rest of the peanut butter cups across the top of the bars pressing them down into the dough a little.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once the bars are out of the oven, place the remaining milk chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir the chocolate, microwave for additional 15 second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth. Be careful not to overheat! Be sure to stir it well after each time in the microwave.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the warm bars and sprinkle with the remaining Reeses Pieces. Cool completely and cut into bars. The chocolate on top will harden when the bars have cooled.
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!