My hottie hubby and I are celebrating our 5-year wedding anniversary today! While I can’t honestly say it’s all been sunshine and lollipops, I can most definitely say that all of our trials have been worth it. We have such a strong marriage and I am completely and totally in love with my husband. He’s smokin’ hot (if I do say so myself!), the best step-daddy in the entire world, completely self-less and loyal, and all-around perfect for me. I’m one happy woman!
In honor of our five years of wedded bliss, I thought it would be fun to make a Top 5 List Of Marriage Perks, so here it goes…
#5. When you’re married, you officially have a certified bug killer/dog poop scooper/grass cutter/heavy lifter/jar opener who happens to give really good kisses and looks damn good in a pair of jeans. (Score!)
#4. A loving, devoted husband finds you attractive in your yoga pants that you totally never do yoga in, but instead wear them when you’re having a “fat day” and eat chocolate and watch DVR’d episodes of Ellen.
#3. You have free reign to be silly, sing loud, pee with the door open, leave hair in the drain, tell stupid jokes, misquote movie lines, and play horrible air guitar and your hubby will still love you. Probably even more than he did yesterday. 🙂
#2. After a while, your man can just look at you and know that all you need is a big hug to fix your problems, and that it’s OK if you cry for no reason and get snot on his shirt. Sometimes those big arms wrapped around you and your head on his chest is all it takes to make the world go away.
#1. No matter what, you always have someone who has got your back. Always. No questions… And your front, because sometimes you need help in that department, too.
And, because I can, I wanted to share some of the images from our amazing wedding five years ago. I’m still in love with every last detail….
We did everything on a very tight budget, and incorporated a lot of handmade and hand-picked details.
– Flower girl bucket
– Serving set (bead wrapped)
– Cake topper (Etsy)
– My dress was $87 from a clearance sale on J. Crew. Seriously. My mom replaced the sash with one that matched my wedding colors.
– We traded in our old jewelry, used the diamond my mom gave me (the same one my daddy slipped on her finger!) and paid a whopping $114 for our wedding rings. Total out of pocket. For reals.
– Our ceremony and reception site were FREE because we rented several houses in the beach resort. They even hauled our crew of 90 people to the beach in a stretch golf cart for the wedding. All we had to do was ask!
– We didn’t have food catered. Instead, we bought a couple kegs of beer to cover the entire weekend, and ordered food trays from Publix (same place we bought our cake!)
– We had the radio playing through the speakers around the pool instead of hiring a DJ or band. Free!
It was fabulous and gorgeous and magical and wonderful, and I want to have another wedding so I can plan it all over again! It was so much fun!
We’re off to spend the weekend celebrating together! Happy Anniversary honey! XOXO