I need my sweets! I also need to fit into my jeans. That’s where these No-Bake Chocolate Almond Oat Bars come into play.
Chocolate is one of those things I can’t live without. Fortunately it doesn’t have to be all that bad for you. Depending on the quality and the percentage of cocoa it contains, chocolate can be a healthy treat. When eaten in moderation, of course.
No-Bake Chocolate Almond Oat Bars are a healthy, satisfying treat
When I was a kid I used to love Chunky candy bars. Not really a candy bar, more like a candy “cube” made of milk chocolate with raisins and peanuts. These are similar, but with a few tweaks and additional healthy ingredients.
Almond Butter & Almonds
These can be quickly put together and you don’t even need to turn on the oven. You can’t beat that with a stick! These sweet, healthy, simple treats are easily customizable too. Don’t like almonds? Swap out almond butter for peanut or cashew. Not a fan of raisins? Any dried fruit would be delicious, dried cranberries, cherries, whatever your little heart desires. There are so many different combinations you can make. Raisins and peanuts (like my beloved Chunky bar) or cashews with apricots and coconut.
Just think, quick, easy and you and your jeans don’t have to suffer for having a chocolaty snack.
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped toasted almonds
- 6 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about 1¼ cups)
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment and leave 2 inches of overhang on 2 sides.
- Melt almond butter, honey, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, stirring until chocolate has melted and ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and refrigerate until chocolate hardens, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Run a knife around edges to loosen an use parchment to lift from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 24 bars, 3 across one side and 8 down other.
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!