- Keep: You don’t necessarily need to keep these items in the same space you took them from, but you don’t want to get rid of them. Find them a home, or set them aside to put in your newly organized space once it’s complete.
- Trash: Pretty self-explanatory
- Donate/Sell: Coats and clothing that no longer fits or is out of style, old board games or video games, etc. Anything still in working order that you no longer have use for.
Most of the crap that came out of my closet will be relocated to another area of the house, or trashed or donated.
I’m also moving all of these coats upstairs into the guest bedroom closet:
I’m only keeping three coats in the coat closet – one per person, which we wear most often. Our dress coats and rain coats are moving upstairs. Also in this pile were sports jerseys and other clothing items that have been kept for sentimental reasons, like my Christening gown and formal gowns. (Why they were in the coat closet is beyond me!)
For example, in our new coat closet, we will be using our shelving for board games, pet supplies, and seasonal items – coats in the fall and winter, pool supplies in the spring and summer. I have two utility totes from Thirty-One that will be used as to hold these various items.
Once you have your road map, it’s time to do some hard labor. Well, in my case, it was time for my hottie hubby to do some hard labor.He patched holes in the wall after removing the wire shelving, painted the inside of the closet, and got to work cutting and nailing and all kinds of noisy stuff.
Tuesday: Cedar Hill Ranch, Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just a Housewife, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Today’s Creative Blog, Carolyn’s Homework, The Kurtz Corner, The Winthrop Chronicles, Mercy Ink, Funky Polkadot Giraffe
Wednesday: Trendy Treehouse, Night Owl Crafting, My Girlish Whims, Ginger Snap Crafts, Southern Lovely, Sugar and Dots, The DIY Dreamer
Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage, Somewhat Simple, The 36th Avenue, A Glimpse Inside, House of Hepworths, The ArtsyGirl Connection
Friday: Fingerprints on the Fridge, Simply Designing, Happy Hour Projects, Craftionary, Too Much Time on My Hands, One Artsy Mama, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Just Us Four, Mom on Timeout, Tatertots and Jello
Weekends: Family Ever After, Crafty Scrappy Happy, Under the Table and Dreaming, Be Different Act Normal, Lovely Crafty Home, Nifty Thrifty Things, Life on Lakeshore Drive
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017