Do you know what today is? It’s National Oreo Cookie Day. And it just so happens that I stumbled upon these magical, morsels of deliciousness. Dramatic? Ok, sure. But who doesn’t love Peeps? Those adorably squishy, pastel critters are some of my favorite special holiday treats.
What better way to enjoy National Oreo Cookie Day than with a Springtime Oreo Peeps Poke Cake
The weather has been in the sixties this past week and I have Spring fever. BIG TIME! I knew as soon as I saw these limited edition Oreos that I needed to make this cake. I had made regular Oreo poke cakes before. But as soon as I saw them I envisioned switching up the chocolate cake for a colorful vanilla cake with a sweetened whipped cream topping.
This a super easy recipe. It’s also cute. Pink like a bunny Peep. This is going on the Easter menu for sure. At least that’s what the gang has told me.
- 1 box Pillsbury Spring Funfetti Cake Mix (plus mix ingredients)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package instant white chocolate Jello pudding
- 1½ c. milk
- 1 package Peeps Oreos
- 2 c whipping cream
- 3 Tbls confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and pour into a prepared dish
- Use 1 sleeve of oreos and place across top of cake batter and bake according to instructions
- Set aside to cool for approximately 15 minutes
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon and poke holes into the cake approximately 2 inches apart
- Pour entire can of sweetened condensed over the top of the cake and spread evenly
- Let cool completely
- In a small bowl, crush oreos and set aside
- Prepare pudding mix with milk and combine with crushed oreos. Mix until combined well. Pudding should now be bright pink
- In a chilled bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form
- Add pudding mixture to whipped cream and beat just until incorporated
- Spread evenly over top of cake and chill for at least 2 hours before serving
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!