Just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday, yet another pumpkin flavored something. I know, I know, but this recipe is different because it is healthy. Pinky swear! These muffins contain no gluten, grains, dairy or refined sugar which makes them suitable for those of us who suffer auto-immune diseases, digestive disorders and food allergies. They are so full of flavor, even “normal” eaters won’t notice they are healthy! (<< Hubs)
Let’s start with how simple these are to make. Have a blender?
Pour all wet ingredients into the blender and blend only until combined, about 30 seconds.
Then add all of the dry ingredients and blend for 4-5 seconds, scrape down the sides and blend an additional 4-5 seconds.
Pour batter into a greased muffin tin or 9″ bread pan, sprinkle with dark chocolate chips and pop into the oven and, 25 minutes later, you have the aroma of Chocolate-Covered-Pumpkin-Heaven wafting through your kitchen. It is the simplest holiday recipe you can imagine, even if you’re not a fan of baking.
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (no pancake syrup!)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (not milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a muffin pan with muffin/cupcake liners or grease a 7 inch loaf pan
- Add all we ingredients (pumpkin, eggs, oil, syrup, vanilla and apple cider vinegar) to the blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining dry ingredients (through ginger) and blend again for 4-5 seconds. Scrape down the side and blend again for 4-5 seconds
- Pour batter into muffin tins or bread pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- For muffins: Bake 25-30 minutes. For bread: bake 55-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Cultivate a Joyful Summer with Cultivate What Matters! - April 24, 2018
- Genesis 6: Man’s Corruption and Noah’s Ark - April 16, 2018