Red velvet crinkle cookies are so simple and tasty. They’re a great treat for the holiday season!
Red velvet is the perfect, popular holiday dessert. The beautiful red color just screams celebration. There are so many delicious creations you can make with red velvet like donuts, cakes or even ice cream.
Today, I would like to share with you one of the easiest yet amazingly good red velvet recipes, red velvet crinkle cookies. Several years ago I came across this cookie cake mix recipe and ever since then have been experimenting with different cake mix flavors. Red velvet has been my favorite so far. With only a few ingredients, you can make these cookies in no time.
My husband brought these red velvet crinkle cookies into work last week and people stopped him in the hall to thank him and ask for the recipe. They said they were some of the best cookies they have eaten. Little did they know to make these cookies you only need a cake mix, a tub of frozen whipped topping, an egg and some powdered sugar.
To make the red velvet crinkle cookies, mix together a red velvet cake mix, one egg and one container of frozen whipped topping. Make sure to mix the ingredients until well combined. The dough will not be very thick. Drop the dough by tablespoons in a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll cookie into a ball and then place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cake for approximately 10 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip) - thawed
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, egg and whipped topping until well combined.
- Drop by spoonful into powdered sugar and roll into a ball.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!
- Quick & Easy Meal Plan #13 - July 7, 2017
- How to Get the Most from a Trip to London, England - July 5, 2017