- Schedule a vehicle “check-up” – tires checked, oil change, general maintenance. Be sure you have your jack, tire pressure gauge, spare tire, and other necessities, too.
- Pack a first aid kit to keep in the car – all the basics like band-aids, ointment, ibuprofen, etc.
- Pack a “hygiene” station – roll of paper towels, wet wipes, extra plastic shopping bags for trash (I also use a plastic cereal container with a plastic bag in it for our trash can.)
- Create a road trip play list – let each person traveling pick their favorite tunes, throw ’em all on the iPod, and when you travel, hit Shuffle! Everybody’s happy! 🙂 Me? I like a little Otis Redding, Dave Matthews Band, Jack Johnson, and Jason Mraz….
- Check/plan your route – especially for long trips. We are driving 7 1/2 hours, so we’ll be checking our route for construction and detours. We’ll also be checking for scenic routes that won’t kill too much time, but will make the drive a little more interesting 🙂
Join the Sweet Tea Community!
Get the most recent blog posts, exclusive digital downloads, and access to a private community!