It’s mid-November which means that we have 6 weeks to get our shopping done for Christmas! Oh, and we have to get all of those gifts wrapped too! Does anyone else spend Christmas Eve wrapping like a mad person or is that just me? I’m determined that this year I’m going to get my gifts wrapped early so I can enjoy them under the tree. I think this cute stenciled wrapping paper will be just the motivation I need!
HOW TO CREATE DIY STENCILED WRAPPING PAPER
- Brown Kraft paper
- Template for design
- Stencil blanks
- Xacto knife
- Chalk markers
1) Wrap your gifts in solid paper (like this brown Kraft paper).
2) Find the image you like online (or create it in Photoshop or PicMonkey) and use it trace onto your stencil blank.
I created one to look like a gift tag (this will also save $ on tags) and the other is ornaments.
3) After you’ve traced your design, cut along the lines with an Xacto Knife to reveal your stencil.
4) Fill in your design with paint. It’s best to use a round stencil brush and get most of the paint off first. You could also use a roller brush like this one that attaches to the bottle of paint. Just try to keep the paint going in one direction (up or down). This will help to prevent bleeding under your stencil.
5) Once you’ve finished stenciling, let it dry and then add some embellishments. This is the fun part! I filled in my ornaments with a white chalk marker. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Just have fun! You could even let the kids help.
The possibilities truly are endless and you can make your gifts a part of your Christmas decor!
So, this year leave that Poinsetta wrapping paper where it is, get some stencil blanks and get creative! I would love to hear your ideas for creating your own stenciled wrapping paper!
MORE GIFT WRAP IDEAS:
- How to Create Easy Secret Design Easter Eggs - March 14, 2017
- Make an Irish Blessing Welcome Sign with these Easy Tips - February 13, 2017