The hubby and I have been busy little bees around our house for the past few months, from building a deck this summer, to building furniture to go on the deck, to redecorating my dining room, and making over my laundry room! We have several other projects in the works, too, that I can’t wait to share. The one thing in common with all of our home upgrades is a budget. You don’t have to break the bank to add special touches to your home, and today I’m sharing 4 Areas of Your Home to Refresh for Under $200 per project!
We’re going to go room-by-room with simple DIY projects that you can do on a tight budget. These are all great projects to tackle to get your house in tip-top shape before those holiday guests arrive! Grab your work gloves and let’s get to it!
A kitchen makeover can seriously break the bank, but thankfully, there are some very clever (and cost-effective) ways to refresh your kitchen on a dime!
1. Try a Planked Wall using peel-and-stick flooring painted to match your decor. Jessica at Mom4Real added a gorgeous grey planked backsplash to her kitchen.
3. Add Beadboard and Corbels for a built-in look! Love of Home & Family said these corbels were only about $9 each at Home Depot!
4. No room in the budget for granite countertops? No worries! You can buy Peel-and-Stick Faux Countertops! Each sheet is about $60 on Amazon and covers a big space.
5. Tiling a backsplash can be a lot of work, but can also get expensive if you’re not careful. Try Peel-and-Stick Decals! The Lovely Residence installed these on their entire kitchen for under $200!
Big or small, you can update the look of your bathroom with a few simple changes.
1. Fresh stain and updated hardware instantly take an outdated bathroom to current and contemporary. One Good Thing By Jilliee did it to her bathroom vanity with a gorgeous “after”.
2. A great way to add some ‘wow’ factor is to simply frame the mirror with baseboard pieces, like The House of Smiths did.
3. By simply adding a fresh coat of paint, new shower curtain, and white linens, you can clean up the look of your bathroom without breaking the bank, as seen here on Involving Color.
Your family spends a lot of time in the living room, so why not make it aesthetically pleasing and cozy on a budget!
1. It’s amazing what a set of pretty throw pillows can do to cozy up a space, as Better Homes & Gardens shows you in this pretty space.
2. Curtains don’t have to be expensive to be beautiful, but definitely add design flair to your room. Paint your own, just like Infarrantly Creative.
3. If you don’t want to paint the entire room, why not try painting an accent wall! I love the striped on this wall by The Spiffy Company.
4. Free up some floor space by mounting your TV on the wall, and repurpose old wood to make a cool frame! – Remodelaholic
Don’t forget about the exterior of your home when you start to freshen up. There are several simple and cost-effective ways to add some style on a budget.
1. Create a Welcome sign with old boards and some paint, like this one from From My Front Porch To Yours.
2. A great way to update your curb appeal is to paint your mailbox, and no need to keep it simple! I love this white and blue hexagon mailbox by Lolly Jane.
3. Potted plants are always in style, so find some cute containers and add your favorite flower, like these galvanized buckets Eclectically Vintage used.
4. Don’t forget about your front door. A fresh coat of paint and updated hardware can instantly add charm to greet your guests. The Idea Room shows you how to do it!
With a little bit of money and elbow grease, you’ll have four busy areas of your home updated just in time for the holiday guests!
What room would you update for under $200?