Summer is usually a time that I feel less like baking. Not that I don’t like the end result… the whole process of heating up the kitchen and making the A/C work overtime is no fun. It’s nice to have some easy, no oven required desserts like this Easy Summer Strawberry Cheesecake.
Easy Summer Strawberry Cheesecake
I have been baking A LOT lately for different special occasions. I had some Communions in the past few weeks and several different birthday cakes. Not to mention three out of my four children are spring babies with all their birthdays falling in a span of just two months. By the time this post goes live I will have (hopefully) survived having baked goodies for my first ever wedding! Eeek!
Needless to say, this strawberry cheesecake recipe came as a welcome reprieve from my latest kitchen adventures. The inspiration came from the one and only, my mama. 😉 When my siblings and I were kids my mom used to make this cream cheese Jello for us often, in different flavors and sometimes even fancy turning it into a torte using lady fingers and fresh fruit.
My original plan was to use lemon flavored Jello, but I must have been in full “mom-brain” mode at Jewel that day when I picked up sugar-free. Of course that’s all good if you like it or need it. At this time our household doesn’t so I stick to regular. I started digging through my pantry and found a strawberry flavored Jello Simply Good I had gotten to try. It’s all natural with none of the funky stuff and it ended up being perfect!
The flavor combinations for this dessert are certainly numerous, but if you’re a fan of all things strawberry I highly recommend trying this Easy Summer Strawberry Cheesecake. It’s not too sweet and it’s light. Perfect for the warmer months ahead!
Stay cool friends!
xox Roxana- The Red Eye Baker
- 9 Graham crackers (@ 1 1/2 c), crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tsp butter, melted
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- 1 small package of strawberry flavored Jello (I used Jello Simply Good)
- 1 c water
- 1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tsp strawberry preserves
- Place the graham crackers in a food processor and process them until they are relatively fine and have a uniform crumb. (You can also place the graham crackers in a sturdier Zip Loc bag and crush them by hand using a rolling pin.)
- Add the salt and melted butter and process until combined.
- Press an even layer of graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan.
- Set the graham cracker crust in the freezer and prepare the cheesecake filling.
- In a small microwave safe bowl pour the Jello into it and combine it with 1 cup of water. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir the mixture making sure that the Jello is completely dissolved. If it isn’t then microwave for an additional 30 seconds and stir it around. Allow the Jello too cool slightly.
- In another bowl beat the cream cheese using a hand mixer until smooth.
- With the mixer on low, pour the strawberry Jello into the cream cheese, slowly increase the mixer speed and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and pour the cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crust.
- Chill overnight or if you’re short on time set it in the freezer for about an hour then move it to the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve, mix the fresh sliced strawberries with the lemon juice and preserves and spread them over the top of the cheesecake.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.