I feel like I should preface this post with “This recipe is brought to you by the letters K and E…” If you haven’t guessed, I had some muses for this month’s recipe. Come on in and let me tell you all about Hide in Your Closet Reeses Brownie Cookies.
Reeses Brownie Cookies
As many of you know Kirsten hosts a weekly podcast with Erin Shebish. I often listen on my way to and from dropping my kiddos off at school. Not only do they provide useful information for bloggers, they’re also hilarious! Don’t ask my mom-brain which episode it was… all I remember is the topic of hiding in your closet eating Reeses Pieces came up. And that is where I got the idea to make these Reeses brownie cookies.
If you didn’t know already Reeses anything is my jam! Apart from fancy schmancy chocolate I will always reach for Reeses if faced with a grocery store candy purchase decision with KitKat being a close second. 😉 Needless to say, I wasn’t sad that I had to go buy some Reeses Pieces and mini Reeses Cups to make these cookies.
When the inspiration hit to make these cookies I decided that I also wanted to make it an “easy” recipe… something in the 5-7 ingredient range. (I have this friend, this is also her criteria for selecting recipes to make. So she might actually make these!) If you count the two different kinds of Reeses then there are 6 ingredients total. This is easy peasy!
I’m not saying that you have to hide in your closet in order to eat these, I’m saying that you might want to because you won’t want to share. Come on moms, you know what I’m talking about. We’ve all sneaked that little treat quietly and undercover being extra careful to be sure our sweet angels don’t catch us. Don’t worry, I won’t tell if you don’t. 😉
Hit the grocery store up before you get the kids from school today to grab your ingredients and bake these up tonight! Don’t forget the milk!
xox Roxana- The Red Eye Baker
If cookies are your jam then give these Chewy Chocolate Toffee Cookies or these Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies a try. 😉
*Recipe note: When I first made these brownies, I used a milk chocolate box mix. I think that this made these a little on the sweeter side. I think that they would’ve benefited from a darker chocolate flavored brownie mix to balance out that sweetness.
- 1- 18.3 oz box of your favorite brownie mix (plain)
- 1/4 c flour
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 c (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 c Reeses Pieces
- 3/4 c Reeses miniature cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk the brownie mix and flour.
- Add the eggs and melted butter and mix using a hand mixer until well combined.
- Fold in the Reeses Pieces and Reeses mini cups by using a wooden spoon.
- Using a large scoop (about 3-4 Tbsp), scoop rounded dough out onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 – 13 minutes until cookies are set are cracked on the top around the edges. Middles will be gooey.
- Allow to cool for a couple minutes and then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag.